Dress for Sale

I made this gown for myself and wore it just twice, once for court and once at the Lord of the Rings museum exhibit. It fits a 60" bust, and has a 100" hem and black and gold trim on the arm seams and at the hem. The neckline has hand embroidery with gold beads. The sleeves are fitted.

It measures 57" from shoulder to hem. It's too short for me. :-(

I had thought about fixing it. But, since I have a bolt of black linen, it seems it would be easier to just make another. Gowns for the larger busted woman are very hard to find. And there was a lot of handsewing involved in this gown (mostly on the trim).





3 comments:

Sirkka the Shieldflattener 8:04 PM  

Hi! I'm Sirkka. I'm kind of new to garb that isn't Viking or Finnish. What (besides LOTR)period is this dress closest to? I've joined a mercenary brigade and need a red and black outfit for 12th Night.

Sirkka the Shieldflattener 8:01 PM  

LOL Maybe you made the dress for me! My cousin, who works at Curves, so she knows how to take body measurements...I didn't tell her what size the dress was until afterwards...
Bust 60"
nape of neck to floor 57"

What I'd like to know is the size of the arms (width and length)...then of course...I'll ask for your Paypal account!

Woo! Woo! Sirkka

Sirkka the Shieldflattener 8:04 PM  

Woo! Woo! My cousing works at Curves and measured me...60" bust and 57" from nape of neck to floor!

What are the lengths of the arms and the circumference?

If it's good--then I'll need your Paypal account!

Sirkka

Followers

About this blog

A medieval seamstress in a modern world.